Account Officer Job at TRA
POSITION: ACCOUNTS OFFICER II (01 POST) – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To prepare weekly/monthly revenue collection, transfers, revenue float and tax exemption reports.
- To capture invoices, payment vouchers and credit memos in the expenditure accounting system.
- To prepare salary journal vouchers, deduction schedules, print salary slips and distribute to regions and departments.
- To prepare monthly expenditure reports and supporting schedules.
- To prepare budget and physical performance report for the Finance Unit on quarterly basis.
- To participate in quarterly stock taking exercise.
- To ensure that all over-the-counter receipts are banked intact and promptly.
- To ensure timely filling of performance report as per QMS requirement.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions. Ability to use different Accounting packages/software is an added advantage.
Salary Scale: TRAS 4:1
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following address https://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.