Boat Technician Job at TRA – 5 Posts
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: BOAT TECHNICIAN II (05 POSTS) – CUSTOMS AND EXCISE DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To check and maintain boat electrical and mechanical machineries to
- make sure they are in good working order and report any deficiency.
- To check the state of bunkers (fuel, water) and lubricants are at
- operational level and recorded accordingly.
- To ensure availability of consumable spares on boat.
- To assist the boat captain during mooring and unmooring of the boat.
- To conduct planning of the service and maintenance schedule (including
- dry docking of the boat) and machineries and participate in the repair process.
- To ensure safety of the equipment, machineries and personnel is
- maintained at all times.
- To maintain engine log book.
- To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Form IV Certificate plus Certificate of Competency (COC) Class 1+2+3. Possession of Mandatory Certificate i.e. medical care or advanced fire- fighting or survival at sea or PSSR or GMDSS or its equivalent. Training in customs procedures will be added advantage.
Salary Scale: TRAS 2:1
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following address https://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.