Call for Interview Sensa 2022 BAGAMOYO | Majina ya Sensa. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania plans to conduct a Population and Housing Census by August 2022. The Ministry of Finance and Planning through the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Statistician of Zanzibar (OCGS), is in the process of preparing to conduct the Census.
The Population and Housing Census is a national exercise conducted every 10 years where the last census to be held in the country is the one in 2012. Thus the Census 2022 will be the Sixth Census to be held in the country after the Union of Tanganyika and Zanzibar in 1964. Census others took place in 1967, 1978, 1988, 2002 and 2012.
Population and housing census is a process of collecting, analyzing, evaluating and publishing and disseminating demographic, economic and social data related to all persons and their settlements in a country for a specified period.
Importance of Census
- Assist government in obtaining key information that will assist them in implementing the development policy in 2025,
- Census; It is a special system established by the federal government of the union of Tanzania which is used to calculate population and housing as well as to identify independent and non-independent people; for. Through this process the government benefits by obtaining various information for its citizens to implement in Tanzania’s development policy,
- usually in Tanzania the census is held Every 10 years, the last time the census was conducted in 2012
- The importance of the census in the country – what is the purpose of the census
- Assist government in obtaining key information that will assist them in implementing the development policy in 2025