Chief Risk Officer Job at Akiba Commercial Bank ACB. Akiba Commercial Bank Plc (ACB) commenced banking operations in August 1997 as an initiative of over 300 Tanzanian entrepreneurs who were inspired to move into micro-finance, by the moral and economical concern for the light of millions of Tanzanians. These founding members were bound together by a strong conviction that in Akiba Commercial Bank they will have the vehicle through which they would reach and help transform the lives of previously unbanked and commercially ill-equipped people around the country.
Table of Contents
The bank’s essence was to support the emergence of start-up Tanzanian businesses through the provision of financial services at all levels by a Tanzanian-owned commercial bank which understood the people it aimed to serve and was committed to.
Chief Risk Officer Job at Akiba Commercial Bank ACB
POSITION: CHIEF RISK OFFICER
The Bank is looking for a high caliber Risk management professional to provide strategic leadership, vision and direction for risk management.
Reporting to the Managing Director the Chief Risk Officer provides leadership in the identification, assessment, monitoring, mitigation and managing of all types of risk arising from the internal and external business environment at a bank-wide level.
He/she is additionally responsible for ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements as stipulated by the Bank of Tanzania and other relevant regulators.
- Provide overall leadership, vision, and direction for risk management and compliance.
- Develop risk management policies, including the quantification of the Bank’s risk appetite through specific risk limits, in line with the Bank’s business plans and strategies.
- Develop the analytical, systems and data management capabilities to support the risk management function and facilitate production of quality management and regulatory reports.
- Prepare a quarterly risk report for use by the Board Risk Committee that provides an overview of the risks faced by the Bank, together with the recommended actions, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain the Banks Enterprise Risk Management Framework for all aspects of risks across the bank and ensure its effective implementation.
- Recommend appropriate risk appetite aligned with strategic objectives and ensure the Board approved Risk appetite is integrated into the overall strategic agenda.
- Support the Board Risk Committee to execute its risk management responsibilities by providing an on-going risk perspective on strategy and operations, in addition to coordinating the Risk Management Committee.
- Provide leadership and develop adequate risk infrastructure to support strategy and operational activities.
- Implement risk data aggregation capability to support seamless risk analysis and report.
- Initiate a relevant stress test and scenario program, review the results and assess their implications for the Bank.
- Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible scenarios.
- Implement control testing and assurance program over the design and effectiveness of risk frameworks, risk policies, and standards.
- Implement risk scanning program to support assessment of Horizon and Forward-looking risks.
- Drive transformation of the Risk function to new ways of working to deliver robust risk management rhythm and risk culture in an agile environment.
- Oversee Compliance monitoring and intervening on the bank’s compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Promote a culture within the Bank that emphasizes commitment to internal controls, regulatory compliance and high ethical standards.
- Review of compliance records through the review of audit reports of specific operating units on the issues of non-compliance and the implications thereof.
- Advise management on the applicable laws, regulation, rules and standards and inform them about any developments in these areas.
- Effective implementation of the Compliance Programme to assess compliance with risk management.
- Mining Engineer Job at Dangote Cement
- Junior Mechanical Engineer Job at Dangote Cement
- Environmental Officer Job at Dangote Cement
- Assistant Electrical Engineer Job at Dangote Cement
- Senior Electrical Engineer Job at Dangote cement
- Master’s degree with professional qualifications in Risk management from a recognized professional body.
- Relevant function experience of over ten years, three of which must be on a Senior management role.
- Experience in building/supporting risk management programs.
- In-depth understanding of Global risk frameworks and their application.
- Sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and modelling skills.
- Excellent commercial orientation and business acumen.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of wider Bank issues and policies.
- Enthusiastic with a high level of accountability and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
If you meet the above requirements and ready for great challenges,
Covering letter and Your Curriculum vitae