Deputy Director Research and Fiscal policy Advisor Job at TRA
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: DEPUTY DIRECTOR RESEARCH AND FISCAL POLICY ADVISORY (1 POST) – RESEARCH, POLICY AND PLANNING DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To coordinate development, review and implementation of research policy, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- To supervise planning and execution of research functions.
- To supervise preparation of annual forecast of revenue collection, negotiate and agree with the Government and on the collection targets.
- To serve as the TRA link with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to research.
- To coordinate implementation of TRA’s Innovation Management Framework.
- To facilitate preparation and implementation of fiscal policy advice to the Government.
- To supervise the development and submission of proposals for tax reforms.
- To coordinate preparation of inputs for the Ministry for Finance and Planning on Parliamentary matters.
- To coordinate gathering and dissemination of statistics requirements for internal and external stakeholders including, Development partners (MDAs, EAC, SADC, DFID, IMF and World Bank).
- To coordinate participation in preparation of TRA’s Annual Reports.
- To conduct and supervise performance appraisal process within the division.
- To manage staff integrity within the division by ensuring adherence to TRA governance policies and guidelines.
- To coordinate delivery of quality services when dealing with taxpayers and other stakeholder while discharging statutory obligations.
- To oversee adherence to TRA Management Systems.
- To perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Key Qualifications, experience and competencies
Master Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in one of the following fields; Economics, Public Finance, Taxation, Statistics, Operations Research or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution/University with working experience of at least ten (10) years in the related field of which five (5) years must be at managerial level.
Salary Scale: TRAS 12
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following addresshttps://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.