Director for Risk and Compliance Job at TRA, May 2023
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: DIRECTOR FOR RISK AND COMPLIANCE (1 POST) – RISK AND COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To oversee development and review of TRA’s Risk Management Policy in line with Government Guidelines and international best practice.
- To oversee implementation of Risk Management Framework in line with TRA’s Risk Management Policy.
- To oversee development and implementation of data policies and processes to ensure data quality assurance.
- To oversee implementation of Business Continuity Management Framework in line with TRA’s BCM PolicyTo coordinate implementation of Quality Management System and Gemba Kaizen Management System.
- To oversee development and management of business intelligence solutions.
- To oversee development and management of data analytics and data mining solutions.
- To coordinate the review of all risk registers for consistency and completenessTo oversee and update organization-wide risk profiles, with input from risk owners.
- To oversee risk management programmes in order to enhance risk management culture.To oversee TRA’s compliance with laws (TRA Act, Tax Laws, Environmental Law, OSHA), regulations, circulars, Quality Standards, procedures and adopted non-binding rules (e.g. Taxpayers Service Charter).
- To develop policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- To serve as Chief Compliance officer for TRA.
- To institute internal controls and ensure that they operate accordingly.
- To provide periodic organizational risk management policy and framework implementation reports to management and TRA Board.
- To provide periodic compliance reports.
- To oversee delivery of quality services when dealing with taxpayers and other stakeholder while discharging statutory obligations.
- To conduct and supervise performance appraisal process within the department.
- To manage staff integrity within the department by ensuring adherence to TRA governance policies and guidelines.
- To perform other duties assigned by Superiors.
Key Qualifications, experience and competencies
Master Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in one of the following fields; Economics, Actuarial Science, Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance, Taxation, Statistics, Information Technology, Operational Research or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution/University with working experience of at least ten (10) years in related field of which five (5) years must be at managerial level.
Salary Scale: TRAS 13
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following address https://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.