Economist II Job at TRA
POSITION: ECONOMIST II (01 POST) – RPP DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To participate in design, management and execution of research projects.
- To undertake relevant evaluation of macroeconomic and revenue performance.
- To supply the data necessary for tax analysis and performance measuring against the government budget and related aspects.
- To maintain and update ordinary assignment files and working papers so they are readily available for future reference.
- To ensure that all research carried out by the team is fully incorporated in the legal and administrative aspect of taxation.
- To keep updated on local and international institutional arrangements and related areas and communicate them to colleagues.
- To prepare quarterly macroeconomic performance reports.
- To participate in preparation of responses on issues raised by parliament especially during the budget session.
- To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields; Economics, Agricultural Economics, Economic Planning, or equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions/University.
- Knowledge in the application of various statistical and econometric softwares is an added advantage.
Salary Scale: TRAS 4:1
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following address https://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.