ICT Officer II Job at TRA – 64 Posts
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: ICT OFFICER II (COMPUTER SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPMENT) (64 POSTS) – ICT DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To assists in capturing user Customer Requirement Specifications.
- To performs systems analysis and design.
- To implement software systems (Write and document code).
- To performs systems testing (Software validation & verification) and document test results.
- To performs system configurations.
- To assists in conducting user acceptance test.
- To participates in design review and provide input for user documentation.
- To liaises with user support staff in supporting end users.
- To maintains and support various business process applications.
- To establish solutions for the identified Authority’s requirements covering design and development.
- To implement solution components progressively in accordance with detailed applications designs following enterprise architecture, documentation standards, quality assurance (QA) requirements and approval standards.
- To assist to procure solution components based on the acquisition plan in accordance with requirements and detailed applications designs, architecture principles and standards, and the Authority’s overall procurement and contract procedures, QA requirements, and approval standards.
- To develop related reporting and analysis functionality for operational and historical data in ICT systems to enable production of reports and analysis for effective decision making.
- To implement the escalated service development related problems (2nd and/or 3rd level) and their root causes to provide timely resolution to prevent recurring incidents.
- To provide descriptions and relationships between service development related key resources and capabilities required to deliver ICT-enabled services.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Computer Science, Information and Communications Technology, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, System Security, Network Administration, Database Administration, or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions.
Salary Scale: TRAS 4:1
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following address https://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.