Job Opportunity at Pathfinder. Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose.
Table of Contents
As a global health organization with locally led, community-driven programs, we support women to make their own reproductive health decisions.
We work with local partners to advance contraceptive services, comprehensive abortion care, and young people’s sexual and reproductive rights in communities around the world—including those affected by poverty, conflict, climate change, and natural disasters.
Job Opportunity at Pathfinder
JOB POSITION: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Key Job Outcomes:
- Operations Management: Manages the day-to-day HR, Administration and
Procurement operations of the project office. Coordinates all the HR, Admin
and Procurement process for the project and with all vendors. Oversees
facilities and office management functions and directly supervises a small team.
- Staffing: Leads recruitment efforts including creating and posting descriptions
for vacancies, reviewing applications and scheduling interviews, negotiating
salaries/benefits and extending offers, issuing local contracts, and developing
welcome packets and overseeing orientation of new staff. Prepares LOE Report
of Pathfinder staff and partners’ shared staff.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration: Manages compensation and
benefits for project staff, including ensuring adherence to local labor laws and
practices and Pathfinder norms, and conducts benefits orientation for new
hires. Ensures insurance coverage of qualified staff.
- Payroll: Collaborates with Finance to ensure timely and accurate time reporting
- Retention Strategies: Leads staff productivity and retention efforts for local staff,
including supporting professional growth and development plans. Provides
advice and counsel to staff on personnel issues. Directs and coordinates
annual performance evaluations for project staff.
- Procurement Process Management: Leads the entire procurement process for
goods and services for the project including issuing RFPs/RFQs, collecting and
analyzing bids, completing selection process, negotiating with the vendors,
issuing contracts/purchase orders, receiving deliverables, managing warranties,
paying vendors, and closing the procurement action. Finalizes all procurement
documents for approval and retains audit ready documents for file. Maintains
inventory of project equipment and supplies. Liaises with vendors and
maintenance firms to ensure timely payment and receipt of goods
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
• Logistics and Procurement Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of
logistics and procurements principles.
• USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Advanced skills in conducting
comparative cost analysis according to USAID procurement rules and regulations.
• Contract Negotiations: Advanced skills in negotiating vendor contracts.
• Office Management Practices: Advanced knowledge of accepted management
• Management and Supervision: Proven ability to recruit, hire, train, and develop
• HR Standards, Guidelines, and Practices: Advanced knowledge of best practices,
guidelines, regulations, and standards for managing Human Resources.
• Employee Life Cycle: Advanced knowledge of the employee life cycle from
recruiting through separation of employment.
• PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of HRIS and procurement software
• Payroll Administration: Advanced knowledge of payroll administration practices and
• HR Files and Documentation: Advanced knowledge of legal requirements,
procedures and practices for filing and maintaining HR records.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of
family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services,
including strategies and indicators.
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS
Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English
• Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Advanced
knowledge of report writing
• Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning,
reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and
eradication of harmful traditional practice