Legal Manager Job at TotalEnergies. TotalEnergies has always been driven by an authentic pioneering spirit. It has discovered some of the most productive fields in the world. Its refineries have created increasingly sophisticated products and its extensive distribution network has rolled out an ever-expanding range of services.
Table of Contents
As for the Company’s culture, it has been forged on the ground, underpinned by an unwavering commitment to safety and performance. Throughout its long history, TotalEnergies was to frequently cross paths with two other oil companies, one French – Elf Aquitaine – and the other Belgian – Petroﬁna.
Legal Manager Job at TotalEnergies
POSITION: Legal Manager
- Respect of the Golden rules and all the HSE rules and standards of TotalEnergies by all the staff, contractors, customers…
- Manage and supervise the legal activities of the company.
- Monitor compliance of company secretariat registrations with the government agencies.
- Monitor company legal. licensing and regulatory compliance for its operations in Tanzania.
- Guide Management in all legal matter, litigations, contractual and land issues.
- Implement and monitor the fast track of legal cases, minimize legal costs, monitor and reduce company exposure.
- Assist the head of department in the management of the debt collection and reporting compliance.
- Provide legal opinion and or advice in respect of any legal issues.
- Review and draft contracts and legal documents.
- Conduct Law reviews, monitor compliance and report to respective parties accordingly.
- Assess and participate in the implementation of company policies so as to be in line with the group rules and policies.
- Advise the employee and employer on their respective legal right and duties in employment relations.
- Mediate and effect settlement of labor disputes between employees and employers.
- Monitor local content compliance and reporting requirement implementation.
- Conduct other activities in line with the company objectives from time to time and as maybe required.
- Conduct company legal induction and training plans for regulatory compliance for employees.
- Monitor company land compliance land rents, renewals and good title on all company assets.
- Ensure the financial profitability, risk analysis and legal consistency of all contractual and legal issues within the company.
- Ensure and carry out quick proactive solution of all legal related matters and pending issues within the company
- Ensure and coordinate legal compliance – in all aspects and departments within the company.
- Observation of Compliance program and Due Diligence on all company contracts.
- Thorough knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the in Tanzania.
- Knowledge Commercial, conveyance, corporate governance and employment and labour relations.
- INDICATORS: Reports on the projects carried out and completion of the project. 100% legal and regulatory compliance.
- Degree in Law and advocate of the high court.
- Knowledge in management and demonstrate ability to learn new things and act proactively
- Good skills in excel – word and Power-Point.
- Very good communication with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Tanzania employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate experience on Tanzania laws governing land issues, energy industry and commercial matters.
- Advocate of the High court.