Logistics Officer Job at CMS (Tanzania) Limited. CMS (Tanzania) Limited is a highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations in Tanzania. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for a dedicated and professional Logistics Officer who would like to join our dynamic team. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
Logistics Officer Job at CMS (Tanzania) Limited
POSITION: Logistics Officer
- Liaising with Finance Department on duty and taxes to be paid timely for imports to avoid storage
- Tracking shipments, updating our database on arrival information, and ensuring correct shipping documentation is in place in advance.
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
- Application of IDFs (Import Declaration Form)
- Advice the management on the correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignment
- Ensure correct use of Tanzania Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the CFA and customs officers
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope
- Assist the Regional Logistics Coordinator on day to day logistics activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Clearing and Forwarding or Administration, Procurement and logistics, or a related field may be required.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication and negotiation skills and Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- The ability to identify market trends and make decisions in a high-stress environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Imports, border clearing, and transit goods.
- Comprehensive HS code knowledge and a high degree of accuracy in identifying and the correct ones.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports and exports
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
How to Apply:
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org