Principle Risk Officer (Actuarial Scientist) Job at TRA
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: PRINCIPAL RISK OFFICER (ACTUARIAL SCIENTIST) (1 POST) – RISK AND COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To analyse statistical data and evaluate them to determine potential risks
- To explore ways to reduce risks analysed
- To supervise and coordinate communication of findings to management for decisions.
- To provide advice based on calculations in ways that non-experts can understand.
- To supervise and coordinate development of IT systems and monitor processes to ensure are efficient and compliant with regulations.
- To provide hands-on support on data mining engineering in the in the TRA.
- To coordinate development of methodologies for data collection on various aspects of the TRA operational programmes.
- To maintain third party data management.
- To review quarter and annual data engineering reports and reports.
- To review and implement TRA data mining and data analytic infrastructure.
- To collaborate with other departments in designing data science infrastructure and ensure it is up to date with current trends and that they involve to stay ahead of the strategic needs of TRA business.
- To promote the design and development of customized data collection, management, and search-and-retrieval systems in order to support the collection, processing, exploitation, analysis and dissemination of big and complex datasets.
- To communicate and present summaries of structured and unstructured data in visual, text-based and interactive formats to non-specialists.
- To ensure delivery of quality services when dealing with taxpayers and other stakeholder while discharging statutory obligations.
- To ensure adherence to TRA Management Systems within the section and;
- Manage staff integrity by ensuring adherence to TRA governance policies and guidelines and;
- To perform other duties as assigned by the superior.
Key Qualifications, experience and competencies
Master’s degree or Postgraduate Diploma in one of the following disciplines: Data science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Data Mining or equivalent qualifications with working experience of at least eight (8) years in the related field in which three (3) years must be in a senior position.
Salary Scale: TRAS 7:1
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following addresshttps://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.