Tax Management Officer II Job at TRA (206 Posts)
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: TAX MANAGEMENT OFFICER II (206 POSTS) – DOMESTIC REVENUE DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To assist in the preparation of action plans.
- To conduct face vetting of tax returns.
- To conduct desk audit on simple cases and assist in field audits.
- To conduct physical and compliance surveillance surveys.
- To prepare respective periodic management reports.
- To gather information for new taxpayers’ registrations.
- To prepare tax positions for all taxpayers and arrears list and follow up payments.
- To conduct face vetting of application for tax exemptions, relief, refunds, motor
- vehicle and driver’s license application.
- To process annual motor vehicle licenses renewal, transfers of ownership and issue
- the licenses.
- To conduct registration, Audit, Data Processing and Examination.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Taxation or Accountancy or Finance or Public Finance or Economics or Business Administration majoring in Finance or Accountancy, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution/University.
Salary Scale: TRAS 4:1
- Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age of not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service.
- Applicants must attach up to date Curricurum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code,emails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from relevant authorities.
- One recent passport size picture.
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted.
- Form IV and form VI results slip
- Testimonials and all Partial transcript
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants employed in the public service should route thier application letters thorught their respective employers.
- An Applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An Applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- An applicants with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institution should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili and addressed to Commissioner General, O. Box 11491, Mchafukoge – Dar Es Salaam
- Deadline for application is 9th June, 2023.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
NOTE: All application must be sent through Recruitment portal by using following addresshttps://recruitment.tra.go.tz/tra_careers/Login.aspx and not otherwise.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application should be submitted online by 9th June, 2023. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves unsuccessful.