Adaptation Project Manager Job at UBONGO. UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives.
Table of Contents
Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our shows Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Chichewa, and Juba Arabic.
Adaptation Project Manager Job at UBONGO
POSITION: Adaptation Project Manager
Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, and plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
e’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and flexible Project Manager to expand and improve our Adaptation department. What is adaptation at Ubongo? It is NOT just about translation nor is it just creating a new show! It is the process of transforming content to better suit our audience!
- Adaptation Process Project Management
- With each language we are adapting being a project on its own, in this role, you will take the lead in:
- Planning – defining the scope of the project, developing a charter, identifying stakeholders, and developing supporting tools
- Executing – managing the project, scope time, costs, quality, human resources, communication, compliance and risk, procurement, and stakeholders
- Monitoring and controlling the project work and managing any necessary changes
- Closing out including defined lessons learned and way forward
- Develop project timelines for each language being adapted and manage a detailed project schedule, including a work plan
- For each language, determine and define the project scope as well as milestones and deliverables
- Predict resources needed to achieve project objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Supporting the adaptation manager, keeping track of project costs in order to meet budget
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various internal stakeholders that will inform strategy development, project adjustments, and progress
- Support the Adaptation Manager to keep track of and manage contracts with vendors by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Monitor the progress of the adaptation process and make adjustments as needed
- Provide Support to the Adaptation Team
- Offer technical support to the Adaptation consultants with a focus on prioritization and scheduling of the various projects being worked on
- Assist the team to define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Working with the rest of the Adaptation team, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Together with the adaptation team, keep track of project performance, specifically analyzing the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Build the capacity of the adaptation team through upskilling and knowledge transfer
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Development, or another closely related field
- Project Management certification
- 3-5 years of project management and related experience
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong expertise in project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Ability to work in a Multicultural setting
Adaptation Project Manager Job at UBONGO
- Have a commitment to Ubongo’s Mission and Principles and a desire to create fun, localized, educational content
- Strategic business mindset
- Team and capacity building
- Conflict resolution capabilities
- Change management expertise
- Familiarity with the media and broadcast industry
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and problem solving
- Able to work with people
APPLY USING THIS ONLINE FORM.
Please note that only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form. So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
The deadline for submitting the application is 11 November 2022.