Assistant Electrical Engineer Job at Dangote Cement. Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour and salt.
Over time, the Group began to import bulk cement into the Apapa and Port Harcourt terminals, which it then bagged for distribution. Through the 1990s, the Group made a strategic decision to transition from a trading based business into a fully-fledged integrated manufacturing operation. This is where our ambitious plan to become Africa’s leading cement producer began.
Assistant Electrical Engineer Job at Dangote Cement
POSITION: Assistant Electrical Engineer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily job allocation & technical guidance to subordinates.
- Responsible for compliance of safety measures within work area.
- Responsible for housekeeping of his/her work area.
- Executes the maintenance and servicing of Circuit Breakers, Transformers, MCC, PCC, MV & LV switch boards, Battery charger, Plant lighting/earthing system, HT/LT motors, VFD, HT/LT Cables and terminations etc. as per preventive maintenance schedule.
- Executes Work orders well in time with quality and safety.
- Prepares various reports & maintains documentation such as Power report, Maintenance check list, daily job report, maintenance history of equipment’s etc.
- Imparts training to subordinates.
- Updates maintenance data into SAP
- Issuing of material from Store and giving advance information to seniors about the requirement of spare.
- Prepares PR, notifications, work order etc. in SAP
- Perform any other related activities as may assigned by Senior or Head of Department
- BE in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience
- Knowledge and work experience of Low, Medium and High Voltage system (i.e. MCC/PCC/MV & LV switch boards etc.), HT/LT Motors, Transformer, Substation’s Indoor/outdoor equipment, Generator, cables & cable termination, Plant lighting/earthing system, Electrical measuring & testing equipments, Electrical and electronic Diagram and its interpretation, Basics of Computer, Battery charger etc.
- Understanding of engineering drawing and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of Plant and equipment technology
- Knowledge of Electrical safety.
- Communication skill
- Good trouble shooting skill
- Knowledge of Electrical safety
- Teamwork and coordination
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development