Assistant Manager- Risk & Compliance at Equity Bank
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager- Risk & Compliance
Reports to: Head of Risk and Compliance
Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting internal reviews and audits
- Establish and quantify the organization’s ‘risk appetite’ and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly
- Horizon scan to increase awareness of risks affecting the business
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk-based challenges and offer appropriate solutions
- Develop, lead, and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximise effectiveness
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the Bank
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation
- Provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to support functions
- Conduct environmental audits to ensure adherence to environmental standards.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Consult with Head of legal services as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
- Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to environmental standards or regulations.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in law, finance, business administration or related field, Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Critical Skills & Competencies
- Experience in IT or Digital payment development or management
- In-depth knowledge of the Banking industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
4+ years of experience in an compliance and or risk management role.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 18, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.