Position: Biomedical Engineer
Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality. Biomedical Engineer at Maternity Africa
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are inviting applicants for the position of Biomedical Engineer to support our vision and vision of reaching out to vulnerable women through safe deliveries and obstetric treatments in an environment that is supportive and values you. This role will involve the provision of customer support, routine maintenance, emergency breakdown repair of automated and semi-automated equipment and favorably IT support. Is this is you? Send in that job application!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports patient diagnosis and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
- Approves new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to codes and making modifications.
- Installs new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing performance.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
- Calls for special equipment service, evaluates service contracts and maintains equipment inventories.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment.
- Evaluates proposed equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with manufacturers.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel and complying with codes.
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- A minimum qualifications of a Diploma in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering or an equivalent qualifications.
- Additional qualifications and experience in Information and Technologly will be highly regarded.
- MUST have 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in medical instrumentation
- Should have training management skills.
- Ability to creating a safe, effective environment.
- Equipment calibration.
- Familiar with effection control and sterilization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application should be sent by 25th July, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!