Credit Risk Officer at Equity Bank
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Risk Officer
Reports to: Business Growth Development Manager
- Provides credit support to Equity bank functions covering Non-Personal & Customer Relationships, & compliance.
- Reviews financial information and analysis, including market intelligence used in the preparation of credit reports to ensure quality credits are booked and portfolio management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review credit reports, including structure, identifying all risks, and ensuring mitigations are adequately provided.
- Conducts joint visit with RMs where necessary to gain full understanding of credit risk to be able to tailor loan products meeting business requirements.
- Works closely with RM in monitoring credit quality of Business and commercial banking portfolio by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration and advising the turnaround strategy.
- Ensure no account downgrade for all accounts reviewed and recommended through proactive identification of early warning signs and application of appropriate turnaround strategy to prevent further deterioration.
- Timely preparation and submission of accurate and complete sets of internal reports and minutes of the meeting.
- Own performance of accounts in your portfolio through appropriate analysis and subsequent monitoring of their performance to ensure no account is downgraded to NPL.
- Ensure all credit related information and properly filed
- Assisting in identification, classification, and management of problem credits.
- Monitors compliance with BAFIA and related Prudential Guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with Bank’s Credit policy and procedures, ensures that exceptions are properly noted and reported to the senior management.
- Work with internal auditors to ensure timely submission of requested information and appropriate response to queries raised.
- Timely reporting of all incidences including but not limited to actual and suspected fraud or corruption.
- Implementation of change and capability development programs.
- Provides high level of service to RMS in terms of accuracy, responsiveness, and turnaround time
- Timely evaluation and credit grading of accounts. Understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, annual review and raising appropriate concerns
- Undertake annual review of security documentation for all Commercial and business banking accounts. Ensure all documentations are received and up to date for assigned portfolio
- Perform any other projects as assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Credit and Financial skills to effectively perform credit analysis and portfolio maintenance activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Knowledge of lending business and products
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong numerical and credit analytical skills.
- Knowledge of lending business and products
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented.
- Highest integrity calibre
- Academic: University degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Professional: CPA (T), ACCA, CFA etc.
- Desired work experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in Credit Analysis area. Approval experience will be an added advantage.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.