Director of Finance and Administration at EnCompass LLC
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned, small business consulting firm working in International Development, and offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 200 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe. We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.
JOB POSITION: Director of Finance and Administration
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Tanzania MEL activity will provide USAID/Tanzania with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/ Tanzania, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Tanzania.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Director will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project. Managing a team, they will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement, and other F&A functions as required by the contract. They will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
The position will be full-time and be based in Tanzania with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to determine financial performance of the project
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize, and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Ensure efficient processing of bank and cash transactions, including reconciliations
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree highly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: contract administrative compliance, finance and procurement (subcontracts), accounting, and/or human resource related matters
- Proficient in US Government procurement, human resources, and financial reporting processes and requirements highly preferred
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
- Knowledge of applicable Tanzanian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
- High-level of working proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Tanzania citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com