FMCG Sales Manager job opportunity
POSITION: FMCG SALES MANAGER
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a motivated and experienced FMCG sales Manager to develop and implement sales strategies for an increase in market share and profitability on a sustainable basis.
Senior-level experience in selling products such as cooking oil, pasta, rice, detergents, toiletries, or any other FMCG products.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular sales performance analysis and implement appropriate steps to maximize sales profitability through targeted and measurable action plans.
- Work closely with reporting manager to explore to collect, analyze, interpret and share relevant market information including sales data to support the identification of sales and customer opportunities.
- Lead, motivate and manage the sales team providing excellent communication, clear business direction, setting personal objectives with regular coaching and performance feedback through one-to-one and the appraisal process.
- Build and implement a plan to ensure good geographical coverage in all channels for company products.
- Monitor and feedback on market conditions, including new channel opportunities and competitor activity, ensuring the appropriate follow-up. Lead the Field Sales Force by showing the example
- Understand market/competitors and share this knowledge in order to exceed base sales targets as advised each month/year by ensuring ambitious target setting & very close monitoring of the performance
- Monitor performance against agreed sales, expenses, Business/account plan execution, highlighting issues, and take appropriate plan.
Education and Work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, or any related field
- 5 years of proven experience in the FMCG industry.
- Experience in products such as cooking oil, pasta, rice, detergents, and toiletries.
Skills and Competencies;
- The ability to develop in-depth knowledge about your products and markets
- Good business sense and a professional manner
- A high-energy, organized, passionate go-getter who can keep up with our rapid growth market
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a consistent “can-do” attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to manage multiple work streams at once.
- Interpersonal, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Discovery, prospecting, strategy and closing skills
Budget: 6,000,000 Gross, Very Negotiable plus Senior benefit for more experienced candidates.
Job Location: Dar es salaam