Head of Human Resources at G4S. Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Head of Human Resources supports the Country Senior Management Team with the Human Resources function. Employee engagement, resourcing, performance management, health and safety, learning and development. The Human Resources Manager will be part of the executive management team and will be involved in the development and implementation of the business strategy for G4S Secure Solutions – Tanzania. The Head of Human Resources create and deliver a HR strategy that is aligned with the strategic priorities and is consistent with the Regional and Group HR strategy and standards. Head of Human Resources at G4S
Head of Human Resources at G4S
1. Effective management of Employee Relations function
- Responsible for management of disciplinary processes conducted in the Tanzania business, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and procedures.
- Competent representation of the Company in all labour related issues and disputes in Labour court.
- Ensuring that line management is kept informed of changes to the interpretation and application of disciplinary procedures necessitated by Labour Court decisions.
- Competent representation of the Tanzania business in dealings with trade unions
- The establishment and continuation of employee communication structures.
- Provision of ongoing training and consultation service to the business to achieve successful structure development. Head of Human Resources at G4S
2. Effective management of human resources administration and employee benefits
- Implementation of G4S HR policies, procedures, and documentation in compliance with Tanzania legislation and legal framework while taking into consideration group HR expectations and standards.
- Effective and efficient: o Personnel File maintenance (Employment / Induction / Discipline documentation)
- Performance Management
- Staff Development Planning
- Employee Benefit Administration
- Long service awards administration
- Registration of employees
3. Effective resourcing of staff
- Thorough human resource planning process to match requirements with incumbents, with a focus on the approved structure.
- Adherence to company policy with respect to approval and recruitment process. Strict observance of company recruitment process
- Thorough vetting and screening processes, quality assurances and compliance to same to G4S standards
- Employment in accordance with remuneration policy guidelines and/or local Tanzania market averages
4. Effective management of training, development succession, and performance management
- Compiling operational training schedules
- Assist training function in planning and execution of management training.
- Induction training planning and implementation
- On the job training planning and implementation
- Devise succession planning for management and support positions
- Regional management awareness and compliance through the development and presentation of appropriate training interventions.
5. Effective support and management of country Human Rights Program
- Assist country team in driving human rights initiatives and programs
- Maintain documentation of all human rights activities, policies and guidelines
- Induction training planning and implementation of human rights core standards
- Country champion for Human rights, liaison with G4S head office, and Group.
- Update the TRC system in terms of Human rights core standards adherence etc
- Plus any other duties consistent with the grade as directed by the Managing Director or Regional Directors. Head of Human Resources at G4S
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Must actively work to reduce security officer’s vacancies to less than 3%. Must have approved HR policies for all HR areas completed and signed off by Managing Director and ensure compliance to all HR policies in place, in addition to group HR policies.
- Must have adequate and robust training curriculum in place.
- Must ensure performance appraisals are done
- Must have a robust succession plan top down.
- Must ensure thorough vetting and screening process is in place and compliance to same. And all employee personal files are accurate and updated at all times
- Must adequately administer leave, financial provisions for leave, and employee benefits proper administration
- Must put in a place and continuously improve new employee induction processes
- Must have best knowledge and be up to date of labour regulations, employee relations and employment laws
- Must administer employee remuneration per policy and ensure security officers are paid a livable wage and employees are paid on a timely manner – by the end of the month. Payroll should be vetted monthly by the Head of Human Resources before payment is done.
- Ensure and champion a human rights culture within the business – with timely core standards reporting.Head of Human Resources at G4S
The Ideal Candidate
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in Human Resources//MBA will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ work experience in the Human Resources field, last 3 years at senior management level.
- Chartered or Fellow membership of a locally recognized HR Professional Organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resource management principles and best practices.
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element.