Strategis Insurance Tanzania We specialize in offering affordable, appropriate health & general insurance plans for the Tanzanian industry
Head of IT at Strategis Insurance Tanzania
Position: HEAD OF IT
Expected appointment date: Immediate
The Head of IT drives both the ICT strategy and participates in the development of long-term strategy for the future direction of Information Management with the organisation. He/She will be required to oversee and manage day to day operations of ICT services provision, ensuring that Strategis staff and clients have suitable technical resources, applications and support to achieve the organizations objectives effectively, securely and with a competitive and innovative edge compared with the other competitors. All of this is to be achieved within reasonable budget constraints.
He/She will also be responsible to train and lead the IT team and take on a guidance role to ensure the team performs as expected.
The Head of IT is a key member of the management team reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Strategis Head office in Dar es Salaam. Head of IT at Strategis Insurance Tanzania
Job Opportunity at Strategis Insurance Tanzania, Head of IT
1. Principal responsibilities
Strategy – To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategy in line with stakeholder needs and in keeping with current best practice in the IT field. Head of IT at Strategis Insurance Tanzania
Governance – To ensure IT and Management follow the agreed strategy and policy. To ensure that the policy and strategy is in compliance with government legislation and/or regulatory requirements and internationally accepted standards.
Development – To manage the development and implementation of current and future ICT and business-related technology projects. Specifically, to manage;
- The development plans for ongoing integration, upkeep and improvement of IT systems.
- The commissioning of appropriate and cost-effective procurement and contractual arrangements.
- The migration of core technologies and tools to the ‘cloud’.
- The management of project and system dependencies at planning, implementation and support stages.
- The sign off of all project management milestones for IT projects.
Implementation – To manage the day-to-day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
Vendor Management – To manage the relationships with (and between) external vendors and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and on-going service is in-line with agreed contracts.
Business continuity – To develop and maintain the Major Incident and Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of the Company in the event of major incidents or disasters. Head of IT at Strategis Insurance Tanzania
Service – To organize and implement servicing and support of all IT systems to agreed service level standards. In particular;
- To ensure training is provided on any new information management tools that may be introduced.
- To monitor take up and use by staff and stakeholders.
- To provide remedial support where necessary.
Staff – To line manage and develop the IT team, working with them to plan and prioritize their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and provide support to continuously improve their performance and results.
2. Financial Responsibilities
Budget – To manage the annual Information Technology and Management budget and any associated funds. Specifically, to be responsible for the review, audit and prioritization of all information management tools, including (in partnership with the Finance Team) the replacement cycle of information technology hardware. Head of IT at Strategis Insurance Tanzania
3. Independent Decisions
The incumbent shall be responsible for all strategic and operational decisions within the department.
4. Interaction with others
Internal – Regular contact with IT staff and all other staff at the Head office and Branches. External – Regular contact with external vendors, external auditors and regulatory authorities.
Detail description of the minimum knowledge and skills needed for the post:
Education including specialized training
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- Additional certifications such as CISA, CISM, ITIL and other professional certificates shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in Information Technology, of which at least 3 shall be in progressively senior positions within IT and preferably in the Insurance industry.
- Experience in coordinating or executing IT- Business related projects.
- Hard working and committed individual.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Integrity and ethical values, positive attitude, helpful, competence and motivation.
- Should be a team player and able to exhibit great Interpersonal and communication skills.
Mode of Application:
All applications should have names of three official referees with their contact detail. Applications accompanied by professionally prepared CVs, copies of all supporting documents along with a recent passport size photograph should be submitted not later than 30 July 2022 to the following address. Head of IT at Strategis Insurance Tanzania
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited
P. O. Box 7893
Dar es Salaam
Or delivered to:
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited
1st Floor, Masaki Ikon Building Plot no. 1520, Bains Avenue Masaki, Msasani Peninsular