Job Opportunity at Lyra. Lyra in Africa was once set up in 2012 as a UK registered charity to tackle the boundaries to training and finance for ladies and girls in rural villages of the Southern Highlands in Tanzania. In 2015, Lyra in Africa was once licensed as an NGO in Tanzania and in 2020 Lyra was once additionally mounted in Finland as an affiliation to fundraise for Lyra’s activities. We trust in the strength of instructing rural students, mainly ladies and ladies to assist cease poverty.
Our sole focal point is on rural communities in Tanzania the place we equip the subsequent technology to be dealers for systemic change. We have a specific center of attention on girls, we dismantle boundaries that end rural women finishing their secondary education, accordingly enabling them to come to be catalysts for superb broader long-term change.
Our three interventions – constructing low carbon hostels for rural girls; rolling out digital gaining knowledge of to rural schools, and formative years entrepreneurship – signify an empowering funding into an choice future that breaks an inter-generational cycle of rural poverty.
Job Opportunity at Lyra
POSITION: National Director
About the Job
Lyra is searching for a passionate, dedicated and skilled professional to lead its work in Tanzania. Over the closing 10 years Lyra has pioneered an revolutionary mannequin of interlinked applications to tackle the complicated troubles dealing with female and communities in rural Tanzania. Lyra is planning to increase and scale its contemporary portfolio, construct new and beautify present partnerships in order to propel Lyra Tanzania to the subsequent degree of have an impact on in Tanzania. Lyra is looking out for an superb expert to lead Lyra’s portfolio in Tanzania.
Leadership and management
- Set the typical strategic route and imposing a 3-year strategic format collectively with the Lyra Senior Management Team and Board, to obtain the organisation’s objectives.
- Lead the organization and help the group to supply excessive great programs.
- Ensure a sturdy monitoring and contrast technique is in place, measuring development towards objectives, and direction correcting as appropriate.
- Prepare and enforce complete enterprise plans to attain Lyra’s things to do and make certain inexpensive operations, which includes planning, implementing, supervising and finishing Lyra’s current and workable new programmes.
- Communicate and proactively construct depended on relationships with key stakeholders, companions and authorities, presenting management as appropriate.
- Represent Lyra and act on its behalf earlier than stakeholders, companions and authorities. This consists of being the key consultant with enforcing partners, Government representatives as nicely as donor bodies.
Operations HR and organizational development
- Manage Lyra’s group of workers team, offering guidance, assist and quarterly and every year opinions to construct extraordinary performance.
- Ensure terrific organisational insurance policies are in vicinity and wholly complied with, inclusive of secure guarding policies.
- Ensure compliance with the legal guidelines and rules governing the jogging of NGOs in Tanzania.
- Responsible for overseeing the organisation’s economic overall performance and make certain Lyra displays best possible stage of fiduciary and governance integrity.
- Cultivate nice and high-quality relationship with Board. Keep Board and Donors appraised on all improvement and measures of have an effect on each economic and programmatic.
- Serve as the Executive Secretary to the Lyra Board of Trustees, managing trustee meetings.
Strategic Partnership, Resource Mobilization and Advocacy
- Build and hold robust relationships with donors and companions and all key stakeholders which includes these in the public, non-public and civil society.
- Ensure compliance with donor frameworks, as nicely as well timed and proactive reporting to donors, in collaboration with Lyra UK.
- Seek extra sources and donors for the expansion and continuation of Lyra programs.
- Represent the enterprise to countrywide and worldwide donors and in applicable boards on schooling to promote applicable policy, legislative movements and practices that will aid shipping of Lyra’s mission.
- Drive countrywide focus and grasp of Lyra’s work in Tanzania.
- Minimum Degree in applicable field.
- Past working trip as National Director or different senior managerial function in a non-profit organisation/similar organization.
- Demonstrable trip in growing strategic and commercial enterprise plans and main a team.
- A robust grasp of instructional programming, or working with young people and youth.
- Credible tune file of development and profitable administration or organisation together with profitable advocacy for superb change.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- Excellent verbal exchange and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
How to Apply
Interested certified candidates need to put up their CV and a quick masking letter outlining their suitability and motivations for making use of to email@example.com earlier than eleventh November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.