Human Resource Business Partner
Dar es Salaam
National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Human Resource Business Partner Job at NBC
The role holder will own the HR Business Partner relationship with specific business function(s) and will effectively integrate into the management team of the function. This role will also work to support the Head of HR in the development and delivery of the business areas’ HR agenda and strategy. The HRBP will work in partnership with business leaders and in collaboration with HR colleagues on the implementation of the general HR agenda, which may include:
- Organization change and its impact on people.
- Reward and pay round processes.
- Performance Development.
- People capability build/Talent development.
- Employee Engagement
- Ownership of the relationship with respective function
- Internal client relationships in relation to specific HR activity
- To be an active and influential player enabling the effective diagnosis of business issues/ strategy and goals, turning these into People Plans (E.g. STP, MTP)
- Take a proactive role in the development of the HR Priorities and lead the implementation of this and other major change as required within your business areas.
- Drive business leadership teams, through the interpretation of these priorities turning them into real action plans
- Provide active leadership, in partnership with business leadership teams, on HR issues such as reward, employee relations, talent, performance, organization development/change, culture, leadership and learning and development
- Challenge, provoke and coach business leaders on how to engage employees and address resulting people issues and build people capabilities effectively.
- Drive the raising of the performance bar and build a strong and rigorous performance development culture (consistency checks, quality of PDs, health checks, PIPs).
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the business through the design and implementation of HR initiatives that address specific business needs.
- Work with management to ensure high engagement levels.
Manpower Planning & Talent Management 30%
- Effective manpower/people plans designed for specific initiatives
- Follow through of resourcing to ensure effective people cover
- In conduction with development partners ensure the implementation of talent review process in business unit: ½ yearly plans.
- Follow through on development plans for teams in business units (training, internal transfers, assignments, job swaps, etc).
- Ensure strong bench strength in the business unit.
Operational Support 10%
- Ensure understanding of group policies and governance processes, driving compliance as appropriate within own business area
- Provide MI reports for own area
- Participate in projects that may come up in the HR function
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Human and Social Studies, Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Emotional intelligence (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, Human Resource Consulting (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development).
Locations: Head Office NBC