Job Opportunity at Save The Children Tanzania. Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The post holder will be responsible for mobilizing and coordinating partner level work, reporting, and programme Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning of the Sida CSO Capacity Strengthening project. The post holder will support to organize, coordinate project events with all the key actors both internally and externally.
The post holder should also have a good understanding of the child rights governance sector and government structures (national and local level) in Tanzania and some of the current challenges to enforce, protect and fulfil child rights in the country.
Job Opportunity at Save The Children Tanzania
S/he will work with colleagues across the country office teams (Awards, PDQ, Finance, Operations and Budget Holders) to ensure that partner agreements are in place and donor/SC requirements complied with by the partner organizations.
Contract Duration: 1 year
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: SIDA CSO programme Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Lead partnership assessment and compile partner capacity assessment reports
- Share partnership assessment report with relevant team internally and externally
- Work with the Awards team to ensure that partner project details are accurately captured in AMS from the onset to meet organizational standards and requirement.
- Compile partner assessment reports and ensure they are updated on the AMS in a timely manner.
- Support Partnership Manager in the Identification and exploration of new project partnerships and stakeholders
- Work with partners to identify needs for technical and organizational support and capacity building and coordinate capacity building
- Support the project partners with mentoring and coaching.
Partner program management
- Enhance awareness on child rights among all stakeholders (children, youth, religious leaders
- Provide technical support to partner organizations in developing budgets and action plans to effectively implement proposed project activities.
- Lead, coordinate and conduct trainings to/with partners, others stakeholders and children on various Child Protection and Child Rights Governance topics as per set out in the project as well as child safeguarding, in order to develop capacities to deliver the programme in the most effective way.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration with partners at all levels to ensure ownership and sustainability of the programme.
- Support and ensure effective programme implementation and compile timely quarterly progress donor reports.
- Ensure synergies and shared learning from project between districts, regional and national level with other projects
- Responsible for supporting partners to manage all aspects of project cycle including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that the quality of the project is maintained through an effective monitoring system and that accurate data and information on best practices is documented
- Ensure project narrative reports are prepared and submitted on time using donor reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with partners and relevant internal staffs in the contractual negotiations and enhance the understanding of the Sub Award Agreement.
- Coordinate provision of technical support to partners as needed
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning
- Track/monitor day-to-day progress against project milestones and activities, against scheduled work plans and overall project objectives
- Promote shared learning and collaboration between partners by facilitating partner networks and meetings
- Support in monitoring project expenditures and ensure budget is strictly adhered to, financial procedures are observed, and all supporting documents are provided
- Support the Project Manager to prepare periodic project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data/information
- Support the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning team in the tracking of outcome of activities evidenced by accurate data to enhance quality of reporting
- Contribute to baseline studies, assessments, project evaluations other research studies as well as learning events as part of annual plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in development studies, project management or related area.
- Minimum 3 years work experience with /NGO/INGOs, with at least 2 years’ experience in partnership based programming or community based programming
- Good skills and experience in all aspects of programme cycle management – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge on Child protection, Child rights governance, Civic space issues will be an advantage
- Experience in organizational capacity development, training, mentoring and coaching
- An excellent team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
How to Apply
Please read the full details of the position at https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Application closing Date: 26th June 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 15 Jun 2022
Closing date: 26 Jun 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract