Position: Head, Credit Analysis
Dar es Salaam
Standard Chartered plc is a British multinational banking and financial services company .
Management of team of credit analyst by provided leadership and support needed to achieve their objectives.
Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
- Financial analysis of customers using credit skills – ratio analysis; evaluation of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
- Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties.
- Conducting annual credit review of assigned accounts and ensuring that respective GMs and BCAs are processed and successfully approved on schedule.
- Credit Approval Committee (CAC) Coordination – preparing a high quality submission for the respective clients including GM Part 1 and 2, requesting and following up on financial and credit information related to subsidiaries for the purpose of computing WACG and Group EL.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with
- Global Relationship Managers (GAM) and Relationship Managers (RM) (e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.).
- As part of the annual credit review process, check for any gaps in credit documentation and escalate to RM team.
- Raise and obtain necessary deferral/waiver approvals from risk approvers/senior management.
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately – preparing reports, escalation, and take actions to GAM/Risk, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with risk approvers, any risk triggers and tack the evolution of client performance and client risk profiles over time
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
- This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles with respect to assigned names: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head, Credit Analysis Job Vacancy at Standard Chartered
A Degree in Business/Commerce/Economics is preferred however a degree in a science or other related field where analytical skills are gained is acceptable.
ACCA/CPA qualifications are an added advantage
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.