Job Vacancy at AGRA | Nafasi za Kazi
The program, which is in its third year now, has two components: (i) work with companies that source, process, and trade food in the region, to maximize investment, coordination and benefits to smallholder farmers and (ii) contribute to improve the transparency and predictability of government policies to unlock regional food trade. A lot of progress has been made so far including direct investments in structuring supply chains for food, investments around data and evidence systems as well as policy reforms aimed at improving the enabling environment for functional regional supply chains.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Reporting to the Regional Finance Officer – Tanzania, the temporary Finance Officer will be responsible for providing finance administrative support to the assigned countries and regions under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Finance Officer. The East Africa region Finance office processes transactions for Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda all of which are managed by AGRA directly. S/he will be responsible for creation of journal entries, payments to staff and vendors, reconciliation of staff and vendor accounts, filing of finance documents and providing required support to audits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintains financial analysis and reporting activities for assigned countries and regions
- Prepare finance reports and account reconciliation reports according to company policies on periodic basis
- Identifies and resolves invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues for the countries and regions
- Supports the annual financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested within the legal and regulatory requirements
- Initiates and manages countries and regions budgets and forecasts
- Provides oversight of any staff providing financial and admin support in the countries.
- Creates finance journal entries as required for assigned countries and regions.
- Leads in the management of account payables and receivables activities for the countries and regions
- Collaborates with the finance and HR teams in preparation of financial reports and statements for assigned countries and regions.
- Aligns and reconciles countries and regions monthly general ledger balance, invoices and credit card statements
- Sets guidelines to ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Plans and prepares tax documents for timely filing of company tax
- Organizes and maintains all countries and regions financial records and files as per the company policies
- Organizes the administration processes for all payroll activities as well as oversees vendor payments etc.
- Plans for all bill payments and customer invoicing as per the deadlines with the countries and regions
- Sets ways to streamline/improve the processes and procedures for operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting systems within the assigned countries and regions.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Accounting, Finance, or Financial Monitoring.
- Knowledge of global, country/government accounting standards.
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
- Thoroughly familiar with and experience in working with finance regulations and reporting standards and requirements.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards.
- Proven leadership ability to develop and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach.
- Deep understanding of the financial environment within which AGRA is operating.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- An MBA in any relevant field an added advantage.
- CPA or equivalent certification.
- Strong analytical, data mining ability.
- Understanding of auditing techniques to help ensure countries and regions financial operations remain in compliance.
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, presentations and reporting software.
Recommended: Read Also: NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,439 POSTS)
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 21st March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.