Junior Mechanical Engineer Job at Dangote Cement. Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour and salt.
Table of Contents
Over time, the Group began to import bulk cement into the Apapa and Port Harcourt terminals, which it then bagged for distribution. Through the 1990s, the Group made a strategic decision to transition from a trading based business into a fully-fledged integrated manufacturing operation. This is where our ambitious plan to become Africa’s leading cement producer began.
Junior Mechanical Engineer Job at Dangote Cement
POSITION: Junior Mechanical Engineer
- Ensure operation & maintenance for pertaining to the mechanical equipment like vertical roller mills and reclaimers.
- Lead the team of technicians for supervision of maintenance and timely completion of maintenance activity.
- To ensure that, quality standards are followed during maintenance work.
- Planning and implementing preventive & breakdown maintenance schedule of mechanical equipment’s for improving overall reliability and safety of machinery.
- Conduct failure investigation and take corrective action to reduce equipment down time and maximum availability for plant operation.
- Prepare and maintain check list.
- Prepare & maintain spare inventory for smooth operation of the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring that plant equipments are in safe operating condition by conducting routine maintenance and scheduling needed for repairs.
- To participate in upgradation and modification of existing system for smooth operation of the plant
- Perform any other related jobs as may assigned by Senior Engineer, Section Head or Head of Department
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or any other related field
- Maximum of 3 years of work experience in Mechanical Maintenance, preferably Cement plant experience.
- Good incident analysis skill
- Good knowledge of safety legislation and rules
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Supervisory skill
- Innovation & Creativity
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development