Manager Secretarial Services & Investor Relations at Akiba Commercial Bank (ACB)
The Bank is looking for a high caliber Legal professional to
provide strategic leadership and play an integral role in
Investor Relations and Corporate Governance.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Company Secretary, the role
is primarily responsible and accountable for overseeing
proper communications, nurturing relationship with
shareholders and providing support on company secretarial
- Provide strategic support to the Head of Legal in matters relating to governance and legal compliance and take a pro-active role in ensuring that policies and processes in this area are fit for purpose.
- Lead the planning, direction and execution of the Bank’s investor
- Proactively guide the management on all legal matters affecting the Bank, its affiliates and other related parties, and ensure adherence to the Companies Act, Banking Act and other legislation, including subsidiary legislation in the form of Rules, Gazette notices, Regulations etc.
- Establish effective and best practice governance processes for the Boards and their Committees and ensure the efficient administration of the management meetings and such shadow
committees are appropriate.
- Maintain records of correspondence with shareholders with regard to payout of dividends, share transfers and any other shareholder correspondence.
- Manage various corporate actions initiated by the Bank including all processes related to issuance of bonus shares, rights issues etc.
- Provide the necessary legal input on all transaction and contractual negotiations, responsible for protecting the Bank’s interests in the documentation and ensuring that a proper due diligence exercise is undertaken.
- Providing advice to the business upon request on matters concerning applicable contracts required for operation of the business.To ensure that legal opinions given on all matters are robust, well researched and fully protect the overall interest of the Bank.
- Participate in the development of annual work-plans and budgets with a special focus on improving the Bank’s legal and regulatory framework.
- Represent the Bank in court/legal related matters. Participate in negotiations, prepare and advice the Head of Legal on documents to be executed by the Bank.
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB)
- An advocate of the High Court with good standing.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in providing commercial legal services.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate law and ability to keep abreast with evolving legal trends in banking and finance.
- Possess a high degree of professional ethics & personal integrity.
- Must be hardworking, flexible & service oriented and self –driven.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate managerial and administrative skills backed by leadership qualities.
Interested in applying?
If you meet the above requirements and are ready for great challenges, mail: Covering letter and your Curriculum vitae to email@example.com by 30th June,2022