Mining Engineer Job at Dangote Cement. Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour and salt.
Table of Contents
Over time, the Group began to import bulk cement into the Apapa and Port Harcourt terminals, which it then bagged for distribution. Through the 1990s, the Group made a strategic decision to transition from a trading based business into a fully-fledged integrated manufacturing operation. This is where our ambitious plan to become Africa’s leading cement producer began.
Mining Engineer Job at Dangote Cement
POSITION: Mining Engineer
- Plan, manage, co-ordinate, and direct mining operations and maintenance of machinery.
- Evaluate efficiency of mining sites to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used, and make changes to work schedule or equipment when necessary.
- Oversee the technical mining aspects of the operations including drilling, blasting, loading, hauling and provide expertise as required.
- Manage field activities and implement engineering designs.
- Identify performance optimization opportunities to enhance bottom line financial benefits.
- Monitor mining operational performance against budget and ensure that production quotas and procedures are met.
- Liaise with the quality assurance laboratory to attain required quality.
- Report machine fault to the responsible maintenance person.
- Prepare mining production reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Senior
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Mining, or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated operating experience in mining operations and maintenance practices.
- In-depth knowledge of mining operations, production, maintenance, process control and health and safety management.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development