Tanzania Country Program
Dar es Salaam
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity.
PATH is a global non-profit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
PATH Tanzania Country Program is currently recruiting for the Program Assistant who will support several health projects implemented in Tanzania. The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the project administration. They will be responsible for assisting to plan, design and deliver project activities. This position is based in Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania.
Program Assistant at PATH
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Coordinate logistics for events, high level meetings, and receptions, including liaising with partners, making logistical arrangements, managing RSVPs, generating meeting materials, securing internal approvals and completing all the necessary documentation.
- Assist with processing payments, liaising with the PADM, PATH TZ’s finance team; and tracking and providing status updates on payments. Includes gathering and inputting information.
- Schedule team meetings and meetings with other internal and external stakeholders. Includes ensuring that teleconference, videoconference and AV technologies are set up and operational, taking notes and highlighting action items.
- Assist staff with administration of all travel arrangements such as booking flights and accommodation and completing all necessary documentation
- Assist with function related to Procurement.
- Perform initial review of procurement process and documentation before entering information in BW.
- Travel administration – Assist with checking RATs and ensure approvals are received before any travel bookings are made.
- Provide logistical support to international visitors i.e. arrange travel, hotel, and ground transport bookings.
- Coordinate internal meetings.
Program Assistant at PATH
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years administrative work experience; working with international NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Experience supporting a team.
- Demonstrated ability to execute administrative tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable learning new information/financial systems.
- Ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture and distance. Excellent listening skills and empathy.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated success working effectively while under deadlines.
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must have authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please Be Advised
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.