To ensure the bank’s strategic construction projects are delivered within specified timelines, budget, scope and quality specifications.
- Define project scope, objectives, approach, controls, acceptance criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables, and their corresponding ownership.
- Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements and of business cases
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Establish relevant project governance and communication structures for all designated projects
- Serve diligently as chairperson of the project working committee and secretary of the project steering committee for all designated projects
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment of ownership and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary
- Manage changes to project scope, budget, timelines and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed process
- To design and implement a quality assurance framework for designated projects in order to ensure all predefined quality objectives are fully attained
- To ensure project consultants, contractors and sub-contractors are fully adhering to the provisions of the quality assurance framework
- To prepare and enforce a site inspection schedule
- Facilitate a project closure workshop and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for subsequent day to day management of completed project outputs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced understanding of buildings construction best practices and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with top management in the course of presenting progress status, risks, issues or when motivating for project resources
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including top management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political
Project Manager at NMB Bank PLC
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a University Degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveying and Civil Engineering.
- Post graduate qualifications in Construction Project Management or Building Economics
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment is essential.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management of construction projects.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job opening date : 21-Jun-2022
Job closing date : 05-Jul-2022