Sectoral Policy Analyst at Tanzania Private sector Foundation (TPSF)
POSITION TITLE: SECTORAL POLICY ANALYST– 6 Vacancies (Key sectors: Tax & Fiscal, Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Mining and Energy, Transportation & Logistics and (ICT)
Under the overall guidance of Director of Policy, Advocacy and Research the incumbent will be gathering statistical data and other information to explore issues affecting private sectors business climate and craft solutions, analyse and recommend potential policies, evaluate the outcomes of existing policies, offers a unique insight into national policymaking processes and influence major policy decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Conduct research (qualitative and quantitative) and analysis and prepare reports on the assigned sectoral issues related to substantive areas of TPSF’s work.
- Provide policy information to TPSF members, Management and Board of Directors and other stakeholders on issues within the Policy Department’s responsibility.
- Deliver technical assistance, training and capacity building activities to TPSF Secretariate and TPSF member.
- Formulation of policy briefs and preparation of sectoral position papers and/or reports
- Provide technical expertise in issues raised related to policies of assigned sector.
- Participate in and provide support to the Policy Department’s outreach activities and events.
- Participate in and contribute to other Trade Policy activities of the Policy Department, as required. Perform any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in Economics, International Trade, Business Administration and or policy or any other relevant field is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in policy dialogue, research, or policy analysis.
- Experience in policy dialogue for Business Membership Organizations; and knowledge of the private sector and regional integration would be critical assets.
- Working closely with line Senior Officers to achieve project and organizational goals and the ability to work in a multinational environment with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Good understanding of economic development factors in relation to private sector development.
- Good oral and written presentation skills
How to apply
All applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing cv
and cover letter before or on 16th March 2022.