Senior Data Engineer at NMB Bank | Nafasi za Kazi
To build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting.
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies into a Data Warehouse based on internal process improvements, automation and optimization of data delivery.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Design and build solutions to empower users to perform self-serve analytics needs.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements and design custom ETL and ELT processes.
- Implement enhancements and new features across data infrastructure systems including Data warehouse, ETL, Master Data Management & BI platform
- Maintain the overall data infrastructure systems
- Troubleshoot data issues, data platforms and perform root cause analysis
- Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Design and build an optimal organizational data infrastructure and architecture for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of large data volumes from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure, AWS big data technologies.
- Profile and analyze data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
- Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
- Work with architecture and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
- Work with analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Advise on the best tools/services/resources to build robust data pipelines for data ingestion, connection, transformation, and distribution
- Transform data and engineer new features for machine learning models
- Perform deep-dive analysis including the application of advanced analytical techniques to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems
- Create new methods to visualize core business metrics through reports, dashboards, and analytics tools.
- Work with different stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with business users to understand the domain knowledge and troubleshooting of product issues
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of ETL framework and tools
- Understanding of reporting & data visualization tools
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data science, or relevant field.
- Strong programming experience in SQL, Python, R
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering role
- 3+ years of big data experience
- Experience in building and optimizing data warehouse and big data pipeline architectures
- Experience with design, development and maintenance of ETL tools
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of BI platforms; SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in data mining & machine learning
- Successful history of manipulating processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted for this role.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.