Senior Specialist Enterprise Architect at NMB Bank | Nafasi za Kazi
Leading the practice and introducing the overall technical vision for solutions that are intended to address specific business needs, requirements or problems and to ensure successful implementation of the solutions.
- Play a leading role in setting the architecture and design for current /new emerging bank’s products and technological solutions.
- Ensure there is a clear system requirement (technical) for all products/solutions.
- Ensure sign-off of solution design or solution architect.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications
- Provide accurate development effort estimates for solutions designed by vendors and internal development teams to assist project managers in project and resource planning.
- Conduct technical impact analysis of proposed application changes and new system design requests.
- Quality assurance that the work has been implemented by either external or internal developers is according to the technical design that was approved.
- Provide detailed system specification document, map business requirements to optimal systems requirements; produce detailed functional/configuration designs/specifications and data architecture to match solution design specifications
- Define application problems by discussing solutions with the IT team on evaluating procedures and processes.
- Ensure there are control solutions by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers/internal developers.
- Validate results by testing programs, Innovation lab and product owners’/solution owners.
- Provide reference by writing documentation of all implemented products/solutions.
- Prepare Scrum artifacts including; product backlog, spring backlog, and increments.
- Following the scrum methodology to ensure all digital initiatives are implemented in an agile manner and follow the framework pillars and values.
- Regular updating of the sprints documents to reflect latest status and present the same to the scrum team and management.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Coordinate efforts/ activities of all scrum team involved in each implementation
- Coordinate System Administration training and hand-over of the system to the first level support ICT Service desk and respective second level support ICT unit
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training and reconciliation process with the respective product owner / business unit, Innovation Lab, Customer Experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge in software development practices and methodologies including agile/scrum, DevOps etc.
- Deep knowledge in various technology stacks including programming languages, UI frameworks, databases (SQL, NoSQL, master data management etc.), deployment pipelines, containers, caches, Queueing and messaging platforms
- Advanced knowledge in enterprise integrations and associated patterns.
- Good knowledge on services and APIs overall lifecycle and management.
- Good knowledge on different architectural and design patterns applicable for complex and dynamic environments.
- Ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work.
- Ability to develop prototypes that can guide the development team.
- Ability to establish and manage structures, processes and standards
- Strong planning, organization and documentation skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to act as a project driver, facilitating the achievement of required tasks with no or very minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Business analysis skills particularly for finance/banking industry
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or relevant field
- TOGAF or ArchiMate certification is an added advantage
- Professional Scrum/Agile or project management certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in designing and building software solutions/enterprise architecture/system analyst/scrum master
- Experience in IT projects or System Analyst in finance/banking industry will be an added advantage
- Experience in leading teams as a technical lead/architect/scrum master in at least 5 projects of varying complexity and size.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 March 2022.