Volunteer Research Assistance at DIGNITY Kwanza. DIGNITY Kwanza is looking for a Volunteer Research Assistant (VRA) to support the organization in conducting research that will be used to write the book on Tanzania’s history as a refugee hosting state.
The Volunteer Research Assistant must commit to at least six months of volunteer service.
Volunteer Research Assistance at DIGNITY Kwanza
- Assist in information gathering through desk research
- Record and analyze data, and draw inferences and conclusions from the data collected
- Use research results to write reports, and papers as the required
- Create and update content for the book project
- Create and manage checklists/programs guiding staff and stakeholders involved in the book writing project
- Support in organizing meetings for stakeholders involved in the book writing project
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required qualifications and skills:
- Holder of a law degree (with good performance in Refugee Law and Human Rights law courses)
- Knowledge on research ethics and research skills
- Strong writing skills with ability to write clearly for a general audience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision
- Shares DIGNITY Kwanza’s passion for refugee rights advocacy
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Basic working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive, MS Office and related tools (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Problem-solving and investigative skills
- Ability to commit to at least 6 months of full-time work.
Values: Respect for diversity and promotes inclusion; Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercise careful judgment.
- Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Gender equality: incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit CV’s and cover letter to email address: email@example.com by 5th August, 2022.