Weighbridge Operator Job at TANROADS. Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges scales.
To have sustainable, safe and environmentally friendly all weather Trunk and Regional road network to support the social economic development of Tanzania.
Weighbridge Operator Job at TANROADS
To develop, maintain and manage the Trunk and Regional Roads Network efficiently and in a cost effective, safe and environmentally sustainable manner consistent with the Poverty Reduction Strategy and other Government policies through a competent and well motivated work force.
POSITION TITLE: Weighbridge Operator – (2 Posts)
Scope of Position
The successful candidate should be ready to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
- Holder of Ordinary Diploma or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Automobile Engineering from a recognized Higher Learning Institution/Colleges;
- Age: Not above 35 years;
- Must be computer literate; and
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out activities as described in the East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act, 2016 and its Regulations, 2017. The activities include the following;
- To weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross vehicle weight (GVW)> 3,500Kg on our Public Roads;
- To impose road damage fee on the spot if the Vehicle is found overloaded;
- To measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicles;
- To record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- To ascertain compliance to the abnormal permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge In-Charge for appropriate action;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed; and
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the position, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and with high degree of integrity.
- The applicant must be a Tanzania Citizen.
- Applicants must attach an up-to- date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e. postal address, e-mails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be certified by TCU, NACTE, or NECTA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Deadline for submission of application is 30th November, 2022.
- Application letters should be written in English Language.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms; renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- The salaries for the post will be according to TANROADS Scales.
Means of Applications
Please send your handwritten application letter, academic and birth certificates as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae(C.V)to the address shown below. Your application must be submitted not later than Wednesday, 30th November, 2022.
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P 0. Box 3094,
Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for Interview.